Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Different Kind of Audiophile Site

I have to confess, I'm an audiophile. I love music, and I love electronics and I love audio systems.

Even though, most people would consider my an "audiophile," I absolutely hate the "audiophile" press. All they do is review super expensive gear, mostly just saying that "it's the greatest stuff ever," all in a very subjective and psudo scientific manner. Being a very technical person, I at least want to know why certain gear "sounds better" than other. Why do people like tubes and vinyl better than CDs and solid state? etc.....

The other day, I found just my site: SonicFlare. While they certainly have equipment way out of my price range, they have a different way of reviewing stuff. Instead of throwing everything into one bucket, they categorize equipment into it's appropriate type on their "Sonic Circle," their unique classification system that incorporates just about every sonic "style" and emphasis there is.

It's a cool site check it out. They've got lots of pictures of beautiful equipment.

1 comment:

Anna Schafer said...

I'm talking about magazines like Stereophile and The Absolute Sound.ilanları